Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Host: A Novel
I read this after the Twilight series. Have since read it about 5 times. Love it. I fell in love with Jared in the book. But after the movie,... oh my. Ian's humanity just floored me. Wanderer's compassion in both the book and movie is humbling, to be as selfless as she is would do everyone some good. Mel is a strong woman, just trying to get back to her family. However, I felt she was a touch selfish in the beginning. Thankfully, she matures somewhat.. kinda.. lol. The book is long, I'll admit. But after the first few chapters, the story becomes fast paced. Not for everyone, of course. But definitely recommend reading it. It's nothing like Edward/Bella/Jacob. This triangle isn't really a triangle when you break it down. I could smack Bella. But Wanderer, I can relate to her. I, myself, have felt like an alien in my own world. You cannot compare the 2 heroines. Unfortunately, people will look at this series, and judge by the Twilight series. Please don't. Let the Host stand on its own merits. Can't wait for the sequel. Seriously, Ms Meyer, please put it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment